Last updated on April 5th, 2025 at 11:08 am
Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) shared footage on April 5, purporting to show a Palestinian ambulance convoy flashing its lights as Israeli forces fired upon it near the southern Gaza city of Rafah.
Earlier this week, United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs Tom Fletcher alleged Israeli troops had attacked Palestinian and United Nations medics who were trying to save lives on March 23, killing 15. Fletcher shared a video, appearing to show relief workers recovering several bodies from a communal grave in Gaza.
15 emergency & aid workers in Gaza โ from @PalestineRCS, Palestinian Civil Defense and UN – were found buried by their wrecked & well-marked vehicles. Our condolences to their families.โฐโฐThey were killed by Israeli forces while trying to save lives. We demand answers & justice. https://t.co/TudYttukQF
โ Tom Fletcher (@UNReliefChief) March 31, 2025
Following Fletcher’s initial allegation, the Israeli military issued a press statement, claiming their forces had opened fire on March 23 on a group of Hamas-operated vehicles.
“A few minutes afterward, additional vehicles advanced suspiciously toward the troops. An initial inquiry indicates that the vehicles were moving without prior coordination, and without headlights or emergency signals,” the Israeli military statement continued.
The Israeli military claimed it was only after the shooting that their forces realized “that some of the suspicious vehicles that were moving towards the troops were ambulances and fire trucks.”
Further, the Israeli military identified one of the deceased, Mohammad Amin Ibrahim, as a “Hamas military operative.” The Israeli military said eight others killed were members of Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ); both of which Israel has designated as terrorist organizations. The press statement didn’t identify these eight other Hamas and PIC suspects.
The Israeli military press statement didn’t account for the six other individuals in the ambulance convoy that Fletcher reported were found buried alongside their wrecked vehicles.
On Saturday, PRCS published a six-minute cell-phone video, purporting to show one medic’s view of the shooting before he died. The PRCS claimed to have recovered the footage from a cell-phone they found on a medic after they recovered his body from a mass grave.
The cell-phone footage clearly shows a group of ambulances and fire-trucks driving along a dirt road at night, with their lights flashing.
๐จ Video That Exposes the Israeli Occupationโs Lies
The Palestine Red Crescent Society has obtained a video from the family of a martyred EMT, found on his mobile phone after his body was recovered from a mass grave in Gaza. He was among 15 ambulance and relief team membersโฆ pic.twitter.com/8iWqULxijC
โ PRCS (@PalestineRCS) April 5, 2025
At one point in the cell-phone footage, the ambulance convoy stops to inspect a van in a ditch along the side of the road. Some of the individuals stepping out of the emergency vehicles were visibly wearing reflective vests.
As the emergency lights illuminated the area, a barrage of machine-gun and rifle fire began to ring out and the cell phone operator began to cry out and run for cover. The footage mostly turned to black after the initial barrage of gunfire, but the cell-phone operator could be heard calling out at several points, only to be drowned out by sporadic bursts of gunfire.
“This video unequivocally refutes the occupationโs claims that Israeli forces did not randomly target ambulances, and that some vehicles had approached ‘suspiciously without lights or emergency markings,'” the PRCS said.
Earlier this week, Israeli military spokesman Lt. Col. Nadav Shoshani announced the Israeli military was conducting a further investigation into the March 23 incident.
“All claims, including the documentation circulating about the incident, will be thoroughly and deeply examined to understand the sequence of events and the handling of the situation,” the Israeli military said in an updated press statement on Saturday.
Discover more from FreeBase News
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.


[…] How The US Military Plans to Turn A Chinese Invasion of Taiwan Into a ‘Hellscape’ New Footage Emerges of Alleged Gaza Ambulance Convoy Ambush, Appearing to Contradict Israeli Claim… Video: US Commander Seeks Permission to Shoot Down Cartel Drones Along the Border 5 Key […]